Mares Nemo Steel - Temperature Problem. Can you Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ptm

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

first up - congrats on a great forum. I've only been here a day or so, however i've already found a wealth of interesting and helpful information. I'm confident that you'll be able to help answer my question re: my brand new (less than a week old) Mares Nemo.

I've just returned from a dive holiday on in the sultanate of Oman, muscat to be exact where i been a number of times. The Diving was awesome and I really can't wait ti get back again.

The school who i organised my dives through are Mares distributers and i fell in love with teh Mares Nemo Steel they had in, it has "Instructor" on the face and its such an awesome machine. Unfortunately i had no opportnity to dive after purchasing it - however i have been very happy having it as a watch, and proud to show it off.

Ok - I have, however, discovered a problem. The temperature is always WAAAAY higher than it actually is. I live in Scotland, and i'm currently sitting in a
my living room which is probably no more than 13 c (at a push), however the watch is reading it as being 28 c (i'm not wearing the watch). I realise that temp is not always very accurate, however its like 15+ c over what it should be........surely this is not right.

The question i have is, is there any way to re-calibrate the sensor or is there anywhere i can have it fixed. I'm really keen to keep the watch, particularly as its unique in having "instructor" printed on the facia.

Can Phil or Zak help me out at all?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Happy Diving!

Chris

Chris,

Glad you like the Nemo. Interesting, I haven't seen one with Instructor one it. Anyhow will you please PM me your email and contact info. We will have our UK distribution contact you on how to best resolve the temperature variations.

Best,

I have a temp issue only when wearing when I am not diving, but accurate when i am, could it have something to do with reading the temp of the skin

wjknobles:
adrisen ... if remember from both a different thread and the manual, the temp will read higher when wearing it and not diving due to skin temp

Correct

You are correct, the temp feature is for in water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom