Mares Nemo Excel - Battery Change Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mathias

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently in the Philippines for studying as an exchange student till april of 2011. Of course I did some diving in this great place too, but equipment rental for long term is too expensive, so I decided to get at least a mask and a divecomputer on my own.

I just received the Christmas present from my parents the Mares Nemo Excel.
Unfortunately is doesn't show any lifesign although beeing brand new with sealed original wrapping.
I contacted the dealer in Germany which says, that the battery might be empty and that he already had this kind of failure at another brand new Nemo Excel.

As I'm currently in Manila this day (sunday) and again on 7th of january I'm wondering if there is some authorized dealer which is capable for the battery change of the computer.

On the webpage of Mares I didn't find any "Mares Lab" in the whole Philippines.
I hope somebody might know a fast way to get the computer working without having it sent back to Germany, exchange the battery, and send it back here.

Thank you for your help!

Regards
Mathias

If you don't get any answers here, let me know and I will move this to the Philippines forum. Some of the local divers may have an ideal (sorry, I don't).

Ok after several phone calls and mails I might have good news.

Theres an official Mares distributor in the Aquaventure House in Makati, who is certified to do the change. Approximately 30mins and 1500Peso / ~28€

Somehow this store is not listed on the Mares website, but two official dealers referred to it as the official distributor in the Philippines.

I'll see that on friday and hope all turns out well.

Bye
Mat

Contact details of the Mares Philippine distributor:

Mares Showroom
Dynamic Sports Corporation
Ground floor, 7805 Vistamar Building, Mayapis St., Makati City.
Open from 10AM-7PM on weekdays and 9AM-2PM on Saturdays.
Telephone 403-0519 / 403-0520

Yeah this is the place I've been to.

The change was 30mins and 1000Peso, very friendly staff and my computer works now :)

Great, I'm glad you have your computer back up and running!

Best,

Maybe the story has not ended yet...

Want to do some dives to test the computer this week and checked the battery yesterday. Depending how long the light is turned before on the bars go from the 6o'clock position (half) to a maximum of the 8o'clock position (not even 3/4).

The computer was till now in time mode for around 10 days. 2 days in off mode and I did some setup around 45mins.

Is this normal? According the manual the battery should be changed at 6o'clock position when diving in cold water (ok, I don't but half a battery in 10days without any dive and only some activity??!)
Will do the dives anyway and then check the battery again.

Thanks for help.

The battery should last longer than this. I think you may have other issue. I would suggest speaking again with the dealer / distributor about your issue and this could possibly be a warranty claim.

Good luck,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom