Mares MRS 2 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 3 Mares Vector Origin BCD's I use with my sons. I have 2 issues, not sure if they are unique to me or a common issue experienced by others. Has Mares addressed this issues?

1) On 2 of the 8 weight pouches, the zippers has parted thus potentially allowing weights to escape. I have never put more than 12 lbs in a pouch (rated for 13) and typically load 10lbs per pouch.

2) I have had 2 unexpected releases. On the first release, the pouch was lost to Davey Jones locker and I had to buy another set ($52). I assummed at the time my son did something stupid when reboarding the dive boat a - still a possibility hi hooked it on the ladder. On the other unexpected release, I recovered the pouch. One of the 2 straps that connect the handle to the pouch back was pulled out though the retaining slot. This appears to allow the remaining strap to initiate the release based on the pouch load by itself. I found another pouch with the same problem on a pre-dive check - not a comfortable feeling.

Hi,
Sorry about your troubles. This sounds as if the problem is pretty isolated. I am not sure which pockets you are referring to? MRS plus? We have a lot of these pockets out in the field and I have not heard many complaints. As you know if they are completely engaged in the pocket, it takes a firm tug on the handle to release the pocket. Perhaps the first time they weren't engaged all the way (must listen or feel the click when inserting)? Hard to say, as you know.

Re: the other two issues, this is not normal and sounds as if it is a warranty issue. I suggest you send it back and we will replace with new. Drop me a pm if you would like to go through me, or simply go through your LDS for warranty replacement.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom