Mares MR22 Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of getting one as a back up or alternative to my Scuba Pro Mk25/S600 and I was wondering if anyone had anything bad to say about this reg. Seems to have a pretty good reputation.

i have one ive used for 4 years it breathes really well and ive never had a problem with it. however im not sure if the second stage will fit on another reg 1st stage. my first stage has this little lip that comes out of the fist stage and i think you need a special hose to hook it up with an adpater. its not a run of the mill reg.im not sure of this but you may want to ask before you buy it. i think they make so its not interchangeable with other regs.
cstreu1026:
I am thinking of getting one as a back up or alternative to my Scuba Pro Mk25/S600 and I was wondering if anyone had anything bad to say about this reg. Seems to have a pretty good reputation.

I am planning to get the MR22 first tage and Abyss second so there will be no compatibility issues.

Not a bad reg depending on serviceabilty in your area. I think that Mares is one of the regs that is fairly high performance without the use of a user adjustment knob. That extra tube on the second stage (I am sure God gave it a real name) seems to do the trick. Bloody huge first stages though...

Have and can only recommend it. Dove it in icy cold Nove Scotia waters in February and a stable performance regardless whether 5 or 50 meter depth.
It is so solid build that you can use it as a hammer to put nails in the wall and go diving afterwards :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom