Mares Mission 2-Gauge Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sianfarm

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My partner and I both purchased Mares Rover 12 regulators (from diverswarehouse.co.uk) which came with Mares Rover octopuses and Mares Mission 2-Gauge consoles. We've used them on 10 dives now and during the last one I noticed that the pressure gauge on the console is labelled incorrectly.

The pressure gauge is labelled 0 to 300 in increments of 50, however the "50" label is placed where 40 should be, so the whole gauge reads 10 bar too high. I've attached a photo.

Both mine and my partner's gauges have the same problem. I'm really surprised at this as Mares is such a well known brand. I've been trying to find a contact address for them in the UK so that I can complain, but can't seem to find any contact details for them. Their website just seems to list their stockists.

Any advice or contact details would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mares Pressure Gauge.jpg
    Mares Pressure Gauge.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 271
Hi, The website lists both dealers and distributors. Go to Mares.com, then top of page Dealer network, then click distributors, then find by map or region. You will find the UK distributor listing there.

Distributors - Sales Network - Mares - just add water

We don't use the bar gauges here in the U.S. so I can't speak to your gauges, however I do see what you refer to. As a note: generally speaking, it is best to first start your conversation with the retailer you purchased the gauge from. They will probably be able to help you from the beginning.

I hope this helps.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom