Mares MC2 Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netwurk13

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased the MC2 a couple of months ago. I had a problem with it a couple of dives ago. I'll describe it by the events that happened and hopefully I can get some insight. Four dives ago I went to turn on the computer before my descent and it immediately said "BATT OFF" It didn't give me any warning beforehand. Needless to say it didn't work on this dive. I figured it might be low battery problem since I used the batteries it came with. During my SI I changed the batteries and it would turn on sporadically then shut off. It didn't work during the second dive either. I got home with a brand new set of batteries. It still turned on only sporadically then shut off. When inspecting the inside of the battery compartment there was no visible rust, contamination, nor moisture in the compartment or the battery terminals. The compartment o-ring was in good condition also. I decided to LIGHTLY rub the battery terminals with the tip of a flat screwdiver to try and clean the terminals. Now it worked perfectly! I thought my problem was solved. I went diving again and it worked perfectly during my entire first dive. However, at the end of the dive while swimming back to the boat I noticed it had no "desat" time on the screen. I looked at the clock on the computer and it was reset. IT HAPPENED AGAIN. Fortunately, it worked during my second dive, but it lost all of the nitrogen loading info from the first dive. Therefore, my deco limit must have been off for my second dive. This was a scary situation not knowing my decompression limit. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this kind of problem with this computer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wurk, that definetly sounds like a warranty situation to me. I'd take it back to the dive shop you bought it from (an authorised Mares dealer I presume??) and ask for it to be warrantied. They should be able to take care of it for you, or at the least ship it off to Mares speedily (if that's what they decide to do)!

Mares USA has a great customer service (Zak and Phil, are proof) so you should get a speedy response.

Hope this helps!

PS, this is just my oppinion of what you should do. Zak and/ or Phil might say otherwise (and trust them if they do).

Netwurk,

I suggest you take it back to the retailer you purchased it from. The computer is under warranty. They will send it in for repair or replacement. Be sure to bring your receipt.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom