Question Mares LP swivel oring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adr1an

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to replace the orings on the Mares LP swivel but cannot find any specifications floating online. (or any service kit sold by Mares). Does anyone know this information? Thanks a lot!
Mares swivel.jpg

Me and you in that boat; the ball on the inside can be reused (but gets quite jumpy ot you drop it and the risk of losing it is high), the dynamic oring is a bit tougher, I reused it already once, I doubt it will survive another rebuild

Mine doesn't have any ball, there are two gaskets or orings, one large and one small. Yours is Mares as well?

Mine doesn't have any ball, there are two gaskets or orings, one large and one small. Yours is Mares as well?
Nope just a generic POS, but looks exactly the same like the one in your picture

I missed that ball on first look btw — noticed it while looking onto the „work table“

This is how the two gaskets looks inside my swivel. The more I look the less plausible becomes the idea that these were once orings. The larger one looks like it has square-ish cross section with two ridges on each corner.

There is no room for any ball, on one side there's a larger Allen screw that goes in all the way to join the two halves and on the other side there's a smaller Allen screw to adjust the mobility of the swivel.

gasket 1.jpg
gasket 2.jpg
Gasket 3.jpg
Gasket 4.jpg

xring

Thanks, it certainly looks like one. Now if only I can figure out the specifications. Small one seems to be an X-ring too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom