Mares LiquidSkin mask review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardzard:
I have a FULL MUSTACHE and had no issues with leakage even when I turned upside down.

I our opinion Mares has a WINNER here and I think this new matrial for the skirt will become the industry standard.

Cardzard,

Judging from your avatar, you have more than just a FULL Mustache! :rofl3:

Glad you liked it. I've been diving the XVision (NON Liquidskin) for a while and like it a lot. I just picked up an Atomic Frameless (new $50, just HAD TOO), so when I get a chance to dive it, I'll post impressions on that compared to the standard XVision (which I like).

If I don't like the frameless (doubtful), I'll be in the market for the liquid skin.

cardzard:
Well my wife and I finally got a couple dives in yesterday with the liquidskin mask.
We both absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!! It feel like you have almost nothing on you face.
I have a FULL MUSTACHE and had no issues with leakage even when I turned upside down. We had Tusa splendive 4 mask before and the vision with this mask is a vast inproverment. 1 other feature we liked was the strap clips which you can just push forward to loosen the mask at the end of your dive allowing the mask to fall around your neck. The strap clip also allows you to leave the strap loose making it much easier to put your mask on. We also had NO MASK ring on our face after either dive. The skirt is so soft it tends to move n and out when breathing inside your mask, which at first takes some getting use to.

I our opinion Mares has a WINNER here and I think this new matrial for the skirt will become the industry standard.

:jump: Yay!! But I do think it's funny that Dennis acts like this mask is new or something...I've had mine for months!!!! :sprint:

SCUBAJENNIFER:
:jump: Yay!! But I do think it's funny that Dennis acts like this mask is new or something...I've had mine for months!!!! :sprint:

Well he said they FINALLY got to dive with them. It's not new, but then again, Mares has been selling out of these quickly.

cardzard:
1 other feature we liked was the strap clips which you can just push forward to loosen the mask at the end of your dive allowing the mask to fall around your neck. The strap clip also allows you to leave the strap loose making it much easier to put your mask on. quote]

care to explain a little more about the strap clip ?

The clips on my X-Vision have very little forward movement,

Hoyden:
I finally got to dive my new liquidskin mask Sunday and Monday. On Sunday I wore it for 2 1/2 hours in the pool - it was dry and comfortable, but I was still reserving judgment since my mask problems usually don't show up until the third or fourth dive of the day. I have gone through lots of masks in my search for a mask that will stay dry for an entire day of diving - I have tried ScubaPro frameless, several Omer models, Akona, Cressi, Oceanic, Ocean Master, Halcyon, Mares X-Vision and X-vision mid, and more off brands than I can count. I had settled on using a Mares X-vision mid with an Omer Alien as a back-up - the Alien is actually a little drier, but I like the larger field of vision that the X-vision offers so when I heard about the new Liquidskin x-vision I was looking forward to trying it. It absolutely lived up to the advertising hype. I did 5 saltwater dives yesterday (total in-water time was probably 3 1/2 hours) and it was just as dry on the last one as on the first. It was also the most comfortable mask that I have worn. It was well worth the $90ish price tag if you are having leaking mask problems or fit problems. And yes, I can clear my mask with no trouble, I just hate wasting dive time doing it constantly.

YMMV,

Jackie

Disclaimer: I occasionally work part-time at a dive shop that sells Mares masks.

What exactly is causing all this leaking, bad genes ie heriditary problems?????......and.....have you ever tried any of the mask leak stuff???, saw someone had a post about it a day or 2 ago-thru ?? Dive Right In store(or something like that name).............

double post - sorry.

diver 85:
What exactly is causing all this leaking, bad genes ie heriditary problems?????......and.....have you ever tried any of the mask leak stuff???, saw someone had a post about it a day or 2 ago-thru ?? Dive Right In store(or something like that name).............

Not sure:) but it doesn't much matter since the Liquidskin has cured me. Three days of ocean diving this past week and it was totally dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom