Mares Isotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,

I have been informed recently that the Mares Isotherm has been discontinued, is this due to a new model being released or is that line no longer being made? Can anyone provide anymore information on this?

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

The isotherm has not been discontinued. We have simply changed the design for 2010. One of the differences is the how the zipper is positioned on the back. The new position offers additional comfort and flexibilityfor the diver.

Thanks for asking,

Hello Zak,

Thank you for the response.

I thought that may have been the case, knowing there is a new model coming I will wait before I make my purchase, I was thinking I may have to try and find an alternative but this is no longer the case.

I wonder if I may pose a sizing question, I am 6'3" and about 260lb, looking at the size charts I would assume I am a size 7. I have tried on a size 6 at my local dive store and I was recommended to purchase that model but I have held back because I would like to try on a 7 to be sure.

The size 6 was a little tight, not too bad and I got in and out of it ok, I did mention the tightness but I was told it would stretch after a while and once I got a into the water it would feel a lot different. I was also advised that if I went the next size up I may get air pockets thereby reducing the affect of the suit. I question the next size up creating air pockets because the suit was tight although I was told the difference stepping up to the next size would be quite big. Can you offer any advice on this?

as stated I am 6'3" ~260lb's average build.

Thanks

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom