Mares Isotherm Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure they don't make the gloves and boots anymore. Any you find around are leftovers from the last time they were making them. It's too bad, because I'd like to have better ankle and wrist coverage than I have with the gloves and boots that I bought before I was certified.

I used an Isotherm for around 3 years. It is a great suit, and is a large step up from a typical wet suit. I never noticed water entering the suit, but the inner lining did get damp, as did my swim suit.

I am 6'3", and weigh 185 pounds. The size large fit me very well.

I now dive dry anytime that the water is too cold for a 3mm suit. This is not to cast doubts on the Isotherm, it is just that the dry suit is part of my diving "system".

Greg

Much like Greg - I liked my Isotherm, but I dive dry now. After a few times in the drysuit, I realized that the Isotherm was going to sit in my closet forever, so I eventually just sold it.

It's a great wetsuit, but it's limitations are right there - it's still a wetsuit. For the money Mares was asking for it, you could spend another few hundred bucks and get a basic entry level drysuit.

So Boogie, what does an ice shark wear?

Boogie711:
Much like Greg - I liked my Isotherm, but I dive dry now. After a few times in the drysuit, I realized that the Isotherm was going to sit in my closet forever, so I eventually just sold it.

It's a great wetsuit, but it's limitations are right there - it's still a wetsuit. For the money Mares was asking for it, you could spend another few hundred bucks and get a basic entry level drysuit.

My thoughts exactly. I own two dry suits, and have no desire to ever go back to thick wet suits. Once you dive dry, you will always know why....

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom