Mares Isotherm Full of water after every dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
As title suggest i'm fairly unhappy with my Isotherm. I'm diving in 48F (9C) water and can't stick much more than 30 minutes. As soon as I start my descent i can feel water coming in through the back. i'm pretty sure it is the zip (but could also be getting a leak in the neck seal). The Zip seems to be in good working order and i have lubed it since i got it. After the dive i can pull the ankle seal and i'd say st least 2 pints of water comes out each leg. It's been like this since i got the suit. it is a very snug fit.
At this stage i'm thinking of getting a shorty to wear over it.
Any tips on getting these to seal properly and any tips for checking the zip?

Thanks Paul

Yeah, I agree, theres nothing worse than having cold water sloshing around, but this is after all a wetsuit and so having water enter is really quite normal.

I know its marketed as a "semi dry" but I have to be honest and say I dont believe there is any such a thing as a "semi dry" exposure suit, I mean its either wet or dry...... I cant see how something can be "semi dry". Its a bit like been semi pregnant.!:D

Anyway, the theory of a wetsuit (as I am sure you know) is really to have a thin layer of water inside the suit, so having water enter is natural, but of course there must not be a flow of water in one side and out the other, but if the fit is good, I think what you are experiencing is pretty normal.

Adding a shorty will not really assist your water entry issue, but any thickness you add will help in insulation and consequently keep you warmer.

Yes, get a drysuit
:D

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, are you rolling the neck seal in onto it's self.

I dive a semi-dry and get baggy ankles when I get out, but, basically no water down the neck... what type of hood are you using??

I've got an Isotherm and it stays dry. As the other poster said, are you rolling all the seals? Are you sure you're getting the zip fully closed? That said, I changed to a dry suit and my son uses the Isotherm now.

Quit peeing in it...:D :D

I've got an Isotherm and it stays dry.

I go way past skeptical when I here this sort of thing about semidry's.

So my 1st question is, how do you deal with the squeeze as you descend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom