mares instinct 12S second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hossam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
greetings

i am hearing a whisling while i am inhaling from the second stage is this normal? also the same issue with my octobus 12S

i was hearing this whith it's original 12s 1st stage, then i change the 1st stage with the mares 42t 1st stage and the octobus with the air control so i am not hearing the whisle anymore in the air control but in the 2snd stage is still other than that it is realy comfortable and great under water and there is no issues with it except this

regards

Hossam

Hi Hossam. I cannot diagnose regulators over the internet, so this is only a suggestion. The regulator must be looked at in person by a qualified technician in order to properly diagnose or work on Mares regulators. Some people describe a sound like similar to a honk or vibration. This could be a result of how the airflow is travelling over the 2nd stage LP Spring. I recommend taking this to an authorized Mares Lab technician and have them take a look. If we are talking about the same thing, it is not a performance related issue, is just a harmonic that occurs when air travels over the spring. Most of the time this can be solved by simply turning the spring upside down, or replacing it. Again, I preface this with my post is only a suggestion to have a trained tech look at it. Do not try to service this on your own. I hope this helps.

greetings

thanks for the reply, ok i will do that

regards

Hossam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom