Mares Hybrid Pure BCD versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have done 2 liveaboard trips with the BCD and have no complaints. The weight pouches have been secure and i have not felt any risk of them falling out. The only thing to note is that if u fully inflate the BCD on the surface it tends to lean you forward... after experimenting i found the way to avoid that is not fully inflate on the surface and to have some weight in the rear trim pockets. The other thing to be aware of is that there is only 1 rollup pouch and no other pockets unlike typical jacket style bcds. There are plenty of D rings though so you can clip items.The BCD is travel friendly in my opinion. Overall i am happy with my purchase.

Thanks for the additional insight! I think for the price it sounds like a rather good option for a newbie that wants to give back inflation a shot. The storage does seem a bit lacking, and I don’t see an octo aleeve or retainer, but overall a good BC from a new outside observer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom