Mares Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G day Zak.

You are correct in saying that the Mares line is becoming more complete, and one can see that from the web site. The entire line is becoming more rounded for the diver to experience all types of diving without having to venture to other brands.

I will be in New York City itself, as well as Las Vegas Nevada, so I will go surfing the Mares site for stores in those areas, thanks. What I think I will do is email the ones that carry Mares before I go and see what stock they have and can get in for me, this way I should be able to narrow it down to one store in NYC or Las Vegas itself as I am not fussed which state I get the gear in.

I am liking the Polar fit and wanting something to use as friends and I are planning an expedition to dive Greenland, so I think this dry suit would work. I have also seen the thermal gear on the site, and it looks great.

Basically im interested in the Polar fit and thermals, dive float, trilastic monopiece lady suit for the GBR, jax, knives, strobe beam, dry sac, slate, strap cover, shaker, hangers, comfort boot, comfort gloves, comfort hood, comfort pouch.
Ok you wanted a short list didnt you lol.
I am actually just been upgrading all my dive gear after ten years, hence the long list and getting into ice diving.

Zak in regards to the compact beam, there is no tech on it, do you know how strong a light this is?
Also in regards to the she dives bag the specs on that as well thanks. As I think this would be a great bag for the plane and I am wondering if I can fit the laptop in it as well.

Thanks for your time Zak, I know you guys are really busy but it does mean alot that you post here and help everyone out in regards to questions/problems.

Tracy,

Ok you wanted a short list didnt you lol.
That is quite a short list. I'd definitely call ahead to arrange your shopping spree.
regards to the compact beam, there is no tech on it, do you know how strong a light this is?
Compact Beam: I don't have the exact specs on brightness. I can just tell you from experience, for such a small light it throws a very bright and strong beam. It is pretty darn impressive.
Also in regards to the she dives bag the specs
She Dives Reg Bag: While absolutely ample for a regulator set up plus extras, I don't think your laptop is going to fit so well. Unless you have a semi round computer?
Thanks for your time Zak, I know you guys are really busy but it does mean alot that you post here and help everyone out in regards to questions/problems.
Glad to be here and help with what we can.:D

Thank you for the information Zak, much appreciated.

I know from the she dives thread that divers-discount has some of this gear available there, so I may just get it off there.

Thanks again.

Zak OHara:
Technically the drysuits can be used in all conditions (note there is a recommended temp threshold for each).

Can you tell us what that is, please? I'm interested in these but failed to find that information on your website (which might be my failure to look hard enough, not yours to post it).

Also curious about the replace-ability of the seals on the DryFit and IceFit - send back in only?

Back
Top Bottom