Mares Drak and Apple

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deshowell

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just moved from my dying Windows PC to an Apple. The only thing that I can't seem to get to work with the Apple is the Drak software - is there any intention of introducing an apple version of this so that I can use my Nemo with the iMac?
I liked it on the PC and I'd hate to lose all the dive data. :idk:

With exception of some Apps made by divers on this board I don't know of any computer companies that make a dive computer program applicable to Apple. I believe you can run Boot Camp (?), I think that is one of the programs that let's you run Windows on Apple, and get it to work. I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than myself will chime in.

There is an inexpensive third-party Mac software called Macdive that supports several Mares computers, including the Nemo. See this page macdive - supported devices

The authors, t0w and TnT, are posters here on scubaboard and very responsive to inquiries. Macdive is discussed in the thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...s-analyzers/225186-new-mac-os-x-dive-app.html

That's probably your best bet.
As for importing your old dive logs, read the thread, or if it's not discussed there, inquire of t0w, I know he's discussed some kinds of importing, but I don't use Mares, so I don't recall specifics of that.

Last edited:
Brilliant, this works really well and its far better than Mares Drak. Sensibly priced and easy to use. Thanks again for pointing me towards it.
Now I just have to figure out how to get all my old dives off the PC - I think I know how tio do that.
Des Howell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom