Mares bungee strap extender

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Question for tHose using bungee strap extender. I'm having trouble getting the strap to screw all the way into the extender. Does anybody have a tip or trick for this, or do these not go all the way in?

I use the extender... I think I needed to use a wrench to screw them on. Need to be careful because it's plastic. Don't want to crossthread or overtighten the extender.

I'm worried about the plastic too. Can you take a look at your strap and see if there are any exposed threads on the strap or it you got it all the way in. In retrospect I wish I had gotten the mares spring straps. They were 8 dollars cheaper too.

I'm worried about the plastic too. Can you take a look at your strap and see if there are any exposed threads on the strap or it you got it all the way in. In retrospect I wish I had gotten the mares spring straps. They were 8 dollars cheaper too.

Mares makes a spring strap?
Anyway, here are my strap extenders... one is tight all the way and the other is just a slight space between the extender and the connector to which I just took a couple wrenches to it. Now there are no spaces between the strap, extenders, or connectors. Basically finger tight with a wrench. I had no problems but thread is tight. Should be no problem using a wrench. Be careful not to crossthread. Once you are sure it is screwed on properly, it should be easy using a wrench.

DSCF4640.jpgDSCF4641.jpgDSCF4642.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the pictures that is exactly what I needed. I have a xl fin with size 11 fourth element boot. The official mares spring strap is an older product that must have discontinued. They cost less than the bungee product now if you can find them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom