Mares BC Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netwurk13

Registered
Reaction score
I tried going diving a couple of days ago with a Mares BC I purchased 22 months ago from Leisurepro. The BC has a 24 month warranty. When I got in the water I noticed it was leaking from the collar area. This BC is in perfect condition, stored indoors, and maintained after every dive. It probably has 30 dives on it.

I called Leisurepro and was told to call Mares to have the situation resolved. I then called Mares and was told that I could take it to my nearest authorized dealer. I'm assuming they said this since Leisurepro is now an authorized dealer according to the Mares website.

Earlier today I went to Austins Dive Center as well as Divers Den in Miami, FL and was given the cold shoulder and was told they would not "honor" anything from Leisurepro. I even told the dive shops that Leisurepro is now an authorized Mares dealer.

How can I get this resolved? I'm assuming since Leisurepro is an authorized dealer now that those two dive shops not servicing the equipment would be breaching some sort of service commitment from Mares.

Please let me know what I can do from this point.

Thanks in advance!

Netwurk13, drop me a pm and we will get you taken care of, all I need is the info to locate your order. We are authorized Mares dealers and will be happy to get everything rolling for you. Also as a note, many times BC's have trapped air in the shoulder and neck area which escapes over the course of a dive but is not leaking from the actual bladder. You may want to do a quick inflation test before sending the BC out for repairs.

Brett,

Thank you for the response. The bladder leaks even dry when I inflate it at home. You hear the air escaping.

Thanks Again!

Got your PM and I'll be responding to it shortly. Once again great service on your part!

I have been a Leisure Pro customer for several years, they have always been a pleasure to deal with. Glad to see them step up to the plate and make things right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom