Mares Axis mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vieque

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there:

When trying to order (or to find where to order - for that matter) a mouthpiece replacement for my Axis reg, I see that some retailers specify some replacements as "standard" and others use terms like "small" etc..

Is the Axis mouthpiece a "standard" or..? I would like to buy the original for that matter..

any help here?

vieque:
Hi there:

When trying to order (or to find where to order - for that matter) a mouthpiece replacement for my Axis reg, I see that some retailers specify some replacements as "standard" and others use terms like "small" etc..

Is the Axis mouthpiece a "standard" or..? I would like to buy the original for that matter..

any help here?

I purchased an MR12 Axis about three months ago and thought that the mouth piece was a bit too small. I went to my LDS and asked the same question as you. The shop owner gave me a standard size replecement and it fit perfectly. Hope this helps.

When they are talking about small... they are talking about the bit tabs. For someone with a really small mouth, child, small women, etc... sometimes the size of the bite tabs gives a choking or gagging feel. The actual opening of the mouthpiece where it attaches to the regulator will not be any different. The only mouth piece where there is a difference there is the Boil and Bite Custom Fit Seacure Mouthpieces. Some openings are 1 1/4", while some are 1 7/16 - but for a standard silicone mouthpiece - they will stretch over, and tighten down on either...

So it's just the reduced size in your mouth when they talk small.

If looking for the exact replacement, that's easy... or you may want to try some of the generic replacements if you don't like the stock one... either way you are under 4 bucks and they even come in colors. But many do prefer the boil and bite ones.

I love the Comfobite mouthpieces made by AquaLung.
Very comfortable and highly recommended :wink:
I have put them on my Abyss :D

Another vote for the seacure. A little expensive but will last forever and can even be remoulded. I have something very similar that was given to me as a test (www.myjaxdive.com) and it is awesome. I wouldn't trade it. They even grab onto the sides of your teeth in addition to moulding to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom