For Sale Mares Avanti Quattro+ Fins Flamingo Red

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vemura

Contributor
Reaction score
Size S.

Used only once, pre-loved. Excellent condition. Flamingo red is very nice. It was a specific red researched by Mares to be able to be seen brightly under water. Stands out beautifully.

Letting go because I’ve got another pair (I use jet fins).

Fins are USD160.

As I ship from Asia, you'll be bearing the cost of shipping to your address, but I don't charge a flat fee (which might run over the actual shipping cost). You'll pay for the shipping cost which will be in SGD, and you can do the transfer through paypal.

mares_avanti_quattro__flamingo_1676881964_7066e8f7_progressive.jpg
mares_avanti_quattro__flamingo_1676881964_d72249fe_progressive.jpg
mares_avanti_quattro__flamingo_1676881964_529a3817_progressive.jpg

Fins are USD160.
Are they that expensive over there in Singapore $160 US = $214 Sing D used ?
Bought a new pair here $199 AU = $137.25 US.
Postage would be cruel to here or the US.
Good fins thought.
My 2 bubbles.

Are they that expensive over there in Singapore $160 US = $214 Sing D used ?
Bought a new pair here $199 AU = $137.25 US.
Postage would be cruel to here or the US.
Good fins thought.
My 2 bubbles.
Yes, they are. They're SGD240 at brand new.

I know shipping is quite a cost. I've shipped something extremely heavy (it was a box of a few award plaques for someone) to the US at the cheapest rate, it was about SGD 40 to give an estimate.

Not really expecting a bite from here since the US market is huge itself, but just posting in case it suits someone.

Agree! Awesome pair of fins. I really love the colour. There are very few that are red underwater.

I love these fins and own two pair in black and green. Dumb question: wouldn't these red ones pretty quickly end up looking dark/black underwater?

I love these fins and own two pair in black and green. Dumb question: wouldn't these red ones pretty quickly end up looking dark/black underwater?
I don't know about the Quattros, but I won a pair of fins at a treasure hunt a while back that were red. The one time I used them, at depth, they looked pink. But that's bnot why I didn't use them again, I already had Quattros which I love. I just wanted to try the ones I won.

They stay red. Color faces fades without light so I guess in crystal clear tropical waters they will lose their brilliance but with any light they'll be red again.

Attachments

• IMG_4328..jpg
    IMG_4328..jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 59
On shallow dives around 20m, when I checked, they still looked nice. The blue Mares fins also are very nice underwater because they look vibrant and rich. It's the same with the Flamingo red - it's somewhere between red to pink, a little fluorescent.

No question is dumb, by the way. I'd hate to see someone get ripped apart on scuba forums. I am myself afraid of it happening to me.

Back
Top Bottom