Mares Aliikai and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljd

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I just opened the box for my Aliikai and am reading the manual. The fine print has a warning that the BC should not be used for Nitrox without some special conversion at a dealer. Why is this? Seems like every other brand of BC can switch between air and nitrox no problem. I am not yet Nitrox certified but was planning on it. I'm disappointed that I have this restriction - especially since I went to alot of trouble to find this BC (which fits really well). I'm thinking about returning it but want more info first. Thanks.

You are ok. This is a disclaimer for Europe. The regulations in Europe are different. The bcd if purchased in N. America is nitrox compliant up to 40%.

I hope you enjoy your new bc!

Zak

How come you guys don't have 2 different manuals? I know this isn't the first time this question has come up...furthermore the manuals you have are rather general, there aren't any specifics as to the specific BC you bought, for example it took my girlfriend some time to find the trim pockets on the Aliikai. You guys make nice stuff, it just needs to be documented better IMHO.

How come you guys don't have 2 different manuals? I know this isn't the first time this question has come up...furthermore the manuals you have are rather general, there aren't any specifics as to the specific BC you bought, for example it took my girlfriend some time to find the trim pockets on the Aliikai. You guys make nice stuff, it just needs to be documented better IMHO.

I have to agree. I own several pieces of Mares equipment, Icon BC, 2 Proton regulators, raptor fins. I'm not even sure that the registration documentation was received except for 1 of the regulators.

The job is not complete until the paperwork is done.

hi guys

do you by any chance have the link to the Aliikai online manual, or the sizing chart, so I can look up sizes etc to work out if a friend needs a small, med, large. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom