Mares Airtrim Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive1627

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I just purchased Mares Pegasus BCD's for my wife and myself and already have a question for that such a knowlegeable community:

How the Airttrim deflation should work?
I manually inflated BCD (don't have a tank) and trying to use an OUT button - but nothing happend (no air released). Filled up bathtub with wather to see if i'm missing any bubbles - nothing. On both of them!

So. my question is - how is it working (my understanding it should dump air from this 2 release valves).

We are going Grand Cayman next week and would like to make sure that our BCD is properly working (we purchased them thru the Internet store and they are brand new (even it's an old model).
Any information will be appreciated.

dive1627:
Hi everybody!
I just purchased Mares Pegasus BCD's for my wife and myself and already have a question for that such a knowlegeable community:

How the Airttrim deflation should work?
I manually inflated BCD (don't have a tank) and trying to use an OUT button - but nothing happend (no air released). Filled up bathtub with wather to see if i'm missing any bubbles - nothing. On both of them!

So. my question is - how is it working (my understanding it should dump air from this 2 release valves).

We are going Grand Cayman next week and would like to make sure that our BCD is properly working (we purchased them thru the Internet store and they are brand new (even it's an old model).
Any information will be appreciated.
It has to be hooked up to a tank to release air... It uses air to release a pneumatic valve. Can't believe you found a pegasus... they stopped making those about 2 years ago!

Thanks Larry,
i had a guess about it, but nothing in the manual. Is there any problems with this model or they just stoped making this?
Thanks for quick and professional answer!

Back
Top Bottom