Mares abyss or Scubapro Mk25 ??????

WHich one you think is a better performing regulator

• Mares Abyss

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • ScubaPro MK25

Votes: 47 63.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Need more info on environmental seal what is it good for???:confused:

The environmental seal is good if you are diving in cold water, it doesnt allow any water into the first stage at all. It keeps the reg nice and clean too. I am a service technician, and I see many Abyss and MK 20, and MK 25's come into the shop that look like they have been soaking in salt water on the inside. Green and blue corrosion all over everything inside. I dont know about you, but i wouldnt like to be breathing that. My APeks stay nice and clean... as clean as the day I got them from my LDS. I love the APeks for that reason, among others... The APeks is a great breather too. FUlly adjustable second stage, and bombproof, just llike the Abyss... Maybe you should consider Apeks???

You can get a much better on Mares equip. from your LDS. The maximum discount a SP dealer could give you (in US) is 10%. There is no argument that SP makes great regs, but the way they do business and mistreat the customers and diveshops is just wrong. Go with the Abyss, it's a great value, with proven track record.

I recently purchased MK25 s600 I tried it couple of times it<is greatttttt!!!!

Thanks for your comment.:)

Personally, the MK25 is what I breathe off of....unbeatable performance, even when you're looking UP at 200ft!

I found a good use for the Abyss though...it works GREAT as a weightbelt and for adding to the cost of overweight luggage charges...try it, you'll like it:D - The abyss has TOO much brass for what it does, Mares needs to upgrade their engineering on it to get it into today's diving. (There are many other diaphrams just as good and a heck of a lot less weight and expense).

MonkSeal once bubbled...
Personaly, I would choose Apeks.

Between Mares and Scubapro, I think Scubapro is better choice.

MonkSeal

I have both Mares Abyss and Apeks TX100... and I find Mares Abyss breath a lot easier...

Well, I only dive at tropical waters...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom