Mares Abyss 52 regulator recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roisland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im the market for a new Mares regulator and are looking at the Abyss 52. Does anyone here own one?
Any experience/review or thoughts are welcome!
Thanks

Johan

Im the market for a new Mares regulator and are looking at the Abyss 52. Does anyone here own one?
Any experience/review or thoughts are welcome!
Thanks

Johan

I don't have that model but my LDS was suggesting I move up to that one. But mine the Mares Rover model i have is basic does the job and I'm happy with it. He did say once I would move to that model it would be night and day.

I have the 52. It breathes as well as their 22. The 2nd that came on mine has a milflex hose and is the same as my 22 Abyss. Both are great to breathe from, wether 30' or 130' down.

johan
if ajtoady sez it'll hold up to his huffing air at 01/2* c.
it should do the trick for ANY other human being!!!!
where in sweden are you???
my son went to school in lulea-we loved it there!!!!the ice was thick in feb.,however!!!!!!so no diving!!!
have fun
yaeg

johan
if ajtoady sez it'll hold up to his huffing air at 01/2* c.
it should do the trick for ANY other human being!!!!
where in sweden are you???
my son went to school in lulea-we loved it there!!!!the ice was thick in feb.,however!!!!!!so no diving!!!
have fun
yaeg

Stockholm. A bit south, but still the ice is driveble.
:)

The only time I "huff" air is when we end up swimming into the current after we already did 3/4 miles under to the lighthouse and back!! And yes it was my Mares reg that I huffed on!:D

I'm also planning on purchasing an Abyss 52 as my first reg. It's down to that or the titan LX...I like the idea of an all-metal reg, as long as it doesn't feel too heavy underwater - I'm more concerned with the underwater feel than the travel weight...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom