Marea del Portillo, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Thinking about going here in mid June. Has anyone been?
TA reviews say that the dive shop is hit or miss for going out when there is not a pre-scheduled group.
Five days of two tank morning dives is a requirement or we will book elsewhere.

Hi,
Thinking about going here in mid June. Has anyone been?
TA reviews say that the dive shop is hit or miss for going out when there is not a pre-scheduled group.
Five days of two tank morning dives is a requirement or we will book elsewhere.

Are you going with AquaSub Scuba? They go almost monthly and if you go with them, I’m pretty sure the 5x 2 dives will occur. Never been myself but the cost tempts me sometimes.

Edit: Sorry, just checked their website and looks like they’re not going in June. But you could call and ask I guess.

If you plan to go I highly recommend contacting Aquasub and join one of their groups, they go almost every month. Great value and the single supplement is very reasonable. I have been four times now and enjoyed each trip.

Thanks guys,

Dogbowl, as you noted, Aquasub isn't going in June. I did email asking if they could provide a contact person.

Grf88, I'm glad you enjoyed your trips, it helps to know as a lot of reviews are not positive. For the price of the trip I am really only looking for clean rooms and basic food (other than the diving).

Much of the enjoyment was the group I went with. I do not think I would go there without a diving group such as Aquasub although the staff are very friendly, the place is kept clean and the food is OK for Cuba.

Much of the enjoyment was the group I went with. I do not think I would go there without a diving group such as Aquasub although the staff are very friendly, the place is kept clean and the food is OK for Cuba.

Thanks.
My husband is very much a loner. While he would take the group trip for me, he wouldn't socialize much with the rest of the group. We are therefore accustomed to our own company.
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom