March 2012 - Diving in Mauritius (Report including video).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swiss_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Scuba Community

Me and my wife spent 8 nights diving in Mauritius. To make it short: It has been fantastic.
I've edited an underwater movie (1st one, so bear with me) to give you an overview: http://youtu.be/Tva2IZLX5uM?hd=1

Highlights include Leaf Ghostpipe Fish, Frogfish, Ghost Moray, Spanish Dancer...and and and.
We've been diving with Olivier from Justdiving (Diving in Mauritius) at Kuxville Beach Resort.
Although we had some currents and could only dive certain spots, it's been a blast.

We've been the only diving boat on the spots. Visibility was great, the small fish plenty.
Can definitely recommend you the accomodation and dive operator. Friendly, quiet atmosphere with a friendly bunch of dive staff and guests (and lovely cooking from the house lady).

If you have any questions regarding Mauritius and diving (north), I gladly answer these.
Although it's my 2nd post on this forum, I've read a lot of great trip reviews from people here.

Last edited:
Hi! Great video, beautifully shot indeed! I'll be spending a week in Mauritius next July and I'm trying to find out about the best sites to dive. I don't really care as much for the fishes as I care about diving wrecks and rocky formations. So far I read about the Cathedral cave at Flic-en-Flac and the Djabeda and Silver Star wrecks up north, which seem pretty much like what I'm looking for. Prior to your visit, did you find any time to do some research on where to dive? I'm googling like crazy but information seems scarce. What would be the 2 or 3 top spots on your list, would they be the ones you mentioned?

Thank you so much for putting this up! It's really nice when people put up trip reports, photos and videos of sites which are not common knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom