Mapating GPS Coordinates in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl_H

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a set of GPS coordinates for the Mapating site in Anilao?

I've been a few times before but it always needs to be on a clear day so the guide/boatman can see Mindoro to locate the site. Last time it stated clear but suddenly the clouds moved in on route and we couldn't find it....

I was planning on trying again this weekend, it's looking like it will be clear, but, as a back up if anyone has the GPS coordinates or a reference other than Mindoro Island I'd be grateful :)

Cheers!

Karl

The head man of the boat "Mantaray" in Aquav knows it very well, sans GPS. You might want to dive New Bahura or Larry's Garden.

Thanks Caloy,

Quite a few of the Anilao boatmen know it, it's just all I've seen still depend on a visible view to Mindoro to get above the rock/cave :idk: If the cloud cover moves in and blocks Mindoro (which seem to happen a lot - It's common to finish the dive and find Mindoro has disappeared while you were under) is not easy to find....

Larry's Garden is a great site, not sure on New Bahura though? Is that the same site as Larry's or the 'Bahura' over by Ligpo island? - if it's not either of those it's a new one for me :)

Karl

Never used Mindoro to find Mapating. Always used sombrero and a bunch of other landmarks near another land mass until a typhoon took all the trees we used as markers down. Will map coordinates for it soon and share here on the forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom