Manzanillo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any one have info on diving around Manzanillo? Or Lodging that supports divers? I Just read a story about diving there, so I thought I might see if there was anyone out there with "experience" in that particular area of MX.

I was at the KARMINA PALACE for a week feb 02 and found no dive shops at any of the resorts. I did dive's with carlos & susan of UNDERWORLD SCUBA. They are located on the street heading to the marina/ las-hadas resort. I also dove with NEPTUNE DIVERS, they are on the main drag. Uvia & Fernando met my needs better. They also had a new dive boat that was too arrive that week but did not. We dove from panga,s.

I've just started diving early this year, and as I live in Guadalajara, the nearest place to dive is Manzanillo (the only place I´ve dove, in fact), I've done all my boat dives with Neptune´s Diving and they´ve been just great with me, because of the cold they lend me a full wet suit (mine is short) and weights without paying them anything, and they know great dive spots, like Cinto de Cobre, Carrizales (aprox depth: 50 - 60 feet), Piramides and Orejas de Caballo (aprox depth: 80 - 90 feet), . the DMs are very friendly, specialy Lluvia (spanish name for Rain) and Sean.

When I dive from shore, I get my tanks from them, just one word of advice, make sure your tanks are completely filled, because sometimes my tanks are between 2700 and 2900 psi.

They now have the boat that someone (sorry I don't remember the name) talked about, and its a nice one.

About Susan and Carlos of Underworld Scuba, i have no experience diving with them, I´ve bought some stuff from them and once I rented them the tanks, they always check that your tanks are completely filled, but they are expensive than Neptunes.

And finally one good news for you, Neptunes Diving is now working at the Karmina Palace, under the name Offshore WaterSports, so if you stay at the Karmina, you can get all the stuff you need from them without going downtown, and the boat is right there, in the hotel's beach, so its more practical.

Finally, if you want to make some Coast dives, I can recomend you to places to go.

1.- Club De Yates Beach: the place is horrible to go and spend the day in the beach, but is a good place to dive, specialy at some rocks that are at 200 -250 meters (uhm.. i think that is between 650 - 800 feet) from the coast, i specially recomend it for Night Dives (Max depth: 30 feet around the rocks, i think it gets deeper after that).

2.- La Boquita Beach: It´s usually filled with locals enyoing the beach, but there is a ship wreck (or something like that) in shallow water with some great life around it, but the bottom is muddy and if you go with inexperienced divers your visibility will drop. (max depth: 20 feet). (by the way, my buddy lost his wallet diving there, if you find it please tell me, hehe)

I think that if you ask any of the LDS about other coast dive sites, they will tell you about them, those are the two I know.

I Haven't much experience diving, just finished my AOW, but I hope this helped you, have a nice trip and enjoy México.

Neptune's Diving: http://www.neptunesdiving.com/index.html

Underworld Scuba: http://www.gomanzanillo.com/scubamex/index.htm

I was at the Karmina Palace in November of 02 and there was a dive operation on premises at the time. It was very convenient as they rinsed and stored gear. They mostly did one tank dives to Roca Elefante and special arrangements were necessary for two tanks.Expensive if I remeber correctly. Very nice resort. Also dove with Underworld Scuba (aka Aventuras de una Pirata)and I still correspond occasionally with them. They are close to the two big resorts. Very conservative dive wise even for me. I think they will negotiaite on multi day dive packages. BTW they were not in telephone book as Underworld Scuba so bring number.

Diving was interesting. Pool at Karmina was best I've seen . Not a lot else worth seeing in Manzanillo. IMO best west coast diving is the Sea of Cortez. A bunch of us from PR should be going in the fall. Karmina Palce is a nice place for families except for Mexican night when the locals come down from Guadalajara and take full advantage of all inclusive features especially the drinks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom