Manufacture seats for 156 -G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are €3.99 + shipping and they will kindly tell you that they are €6.00 Total €9.99 for a silicone seat, if that is cheap for you, congratulations, at least if they rob me with a gun in head.
SP charges me minimum 6,99 Euros shipping, so one LP seat costs me 8,89 Euros if I calculate like you.....

SP charges me minimum 6,99 Euros shipping, so one LP seat costs me 8,89 Euros if I calculate like you.....
Yesterday I was working on something I had in mind, faucet shoes, I find them in plumbing supplies, they have the flange and the longitudinal hole, you just have to cut it to the length I need, I installed one last night on one of my 156, I left it pressurized with the bottle closed, 12 after 0 leaks, total seal, if it works the cost is €0.15 each and they are just around my house. I don't mind paying for something its value, when it has it, but if it doesn't, I feel like I'm being blatantly robbed. Greetings
Mark74.jpeg

Yesterday I was working on something I had in mind, faucet shoes, I find them in plumbing supplies, they have the flange and the longitudinal hole, you just have to cut it to the length I need, I installed one last night on one of my 156, I left it pressurized with the bottle closed, 12 after 0 leaks, total seal, if it works the cost is €0.15 each and they are just around my house. I don't mind paying for something its value, when it has it, but if it doesn't, I feel like I'm being blatantly robbed. Greetings
View attachment 786417
Saving 3 or even 10 euros on a life-supporting device is not worth the risk, in my opinion.
I service my regs myself because I do no thrust anyone else messing with object on which my life depends, not for saving money.
Exactly for this reason, I only use high quality parts from reputable sources.
A seat lasts between 2 and 5 years, depending on how much you use the reg and how you maintain it between services. The cost of replacement parts at service is truly negligible considering the other costs involved with diving.
So I warmly suggest you not doing experiments with rubber parts designed for different purposes. I work with rubber parts in my academic duties, measuring their elastic and damping properties. Rubber is a truly strange material, partially a solid, partially a liquid with high viscosity. Its properties change strongly with temperature, humidity, light exposure and aging. Black rubber looks almost the same, but can be very different, and react differently to stress conditions.
The rubbers employed for seats have been tested for this task, rubber designed for other tasks could fail suddenly.
So I repeat, I warmly suggest you to buy seats from reputable sources, not improvising the adaptation of rubber parts not designed for being used for this task.

Thanks for your opinion Ángel, I have been using this material in unbalanced second-hand seats for many years without a problem. And now I'm testing it in balanced seconds. I have been a commercial diver and regulator maintenance technician for 22 years, not a novice. I don't tell anyone to do it, I do it for myself and everyone to do what they want. Thanks for your point of view.

After more than 18 hours of pressurization of 156 (with the tank closed) 0 leaks. The material used to manufacture the seat has been a "thimble" plumbing sole made of synthetic rubber. The text in Spanish says that all the elements used in plumbing in Spain must be able to withstand 15bar, more than enough for our intermediate pressure of 9-10bar and keep in mind that in a balanced second stage, the seat suffers less than in a non-balanced one. balanced. And I have been using seats of this material for unbalanced seconds for years with quite good results. AS I SAY ABOVE IN THIS POST I DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO DO IT These are made by and for me. Greetings
Screenshot_2023-06-04-17-07-39-01.jpeg

The regulations specify that the materials used for plumbing pipes and accessories must be able to withstand a working pressure of at least 15 Kg/cm2.24 Oct 2019

Translation for those who do not know Spanish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom