Manual vs TTL Slave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Having made the decision to buy the Canon S1is and WP-DC20 housing, I now need to research light systems.

I'm considering the Ikelite DS50 digital strobe as a starter, but now I'm confused as to whether to go for the Manual or TTL slave controller. While both will work for most preflash systems, Ikelite do suggest that thepreflash will be too short on some cameras. In addition the manual option allows the maximum power output, where a TTL system may quench the flash before full power.

Does anyone have any comments?

Thanks
Simon

I own both and only use the manual controllers...different camera from yours, but I think the manual controllers are more reliable and easier to get consistant exposures

Karl

Go with Ike's suggestion and get the EV (manual) controller. Have you thought of what tray and arms you are getting as you will need to mount the controller?

On my canon A70 the pre-flash can be turned off.

ReyeR:
Go with Ike's suggestion and get the EV (manual) controller. Have you thought of what tray and arms you are getting as you will need to mount the controller?

I think you may be right... I thought I'd just go with Ikelite's arms and tray, but I'm open to other suggestions especially if they're better value....assuming they're available in South africa of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom