Mantus/Bauer Triplex Cartridges - refillableoptions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Curious George! You are correct on all counts!
I read some of the thread that you pointed me to but the article from ScubaEngineer was the best, well worth reading.

A few more questions, Are you familiar with Lawrence Factor filters? I was not aware that the Bauer filters were marked with the weight! That seems much more accurate than the colored test strip on the side of the clear tube!

Has anyone mixed Nitrox in a Bauer compressor? When I was shopping for a replacement compressor for the dive shop I spent a lot of time in the Bauer booth at DEMA. They Strongly, Sharply stated to me that if I introduce oxygen even through a blending stick into their compressor that the warrantee would Immediately be void. Also in the Jr 2 manual it states in no uncertain terms that an explosion is likely to occur if I introduce pure oxygen into the intake of their compressor!!! (OK I exaggerated that a little) I had a RIX 25 CFM oil less compressor when I started managing the shop and I ended up replacing it with an Ingersoll Rand. We still mixed Nitrox through the compressor!

I also noticed in my searching that Bauer sells 2 different oils, one for air and one for nitrox.

Finally I believe after studding the manual for the P0 housing that it IS the third stage coalescer. There is a drain on it but in the Jr 2 manual it is labeled "#12, Change-over valve".

Thank You n advance.
Brett

Seahuntjerry, where do you get your filter media? I would love to pack my own filters. However it is on a boat and storage space is at a premium. What filter housing did you buy?

Thank you for your input!

Brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom