Mantas Dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverSteph

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone heard anything bad about them?
We booked with them for a 3 day package.
thanxs any info would help.

DiverSteph:
Has anyone heard anything bad about them?
We booked with them for a 3 day package.
thanxs any info would help.

Do you mean Manta Divers in Cancun?

If so, I can recommend them highly--I did my certification dives with them two years ago. I've been hooked ever since. Small boats, no cattle.

Thanxs......he seemed nice ....he called us at our home to give us more info and tell us about his shop and where he dives. The other shops well lets say never got back to us.

Yes!! They are good! I did 3 dives with them this summer. They were great. They were a little on the expensive side, but were wonderful. What type of dives do you have planned with them? If you don't have the cavern dive planned.....get it in! IT IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Yeah they're OK, I did my AOW with them. The instructor only lost me once.
The Cenote dives with Leif are a must, (if you are comfortable in caves/caverns to begin with).

The cenotes are great!
Don't forget to post your trip report when you get back.

Thanxs.....I have a 2 tank diving in cancun....a 2 tank in cozumel ......2 tank in the cenotes ..... It will be my first time in a cavern . I am looking forward to it. yes they are little on the expensive side but the owner of the shop seemed nice on the phone. ( yes he called me in canada) He answered all my questions and was very helpful.
when i get back i will post a review and photos.
thanxs for the info.

My Wife and I used Manta Divers Last October (Prior to the Hurricane that trashed Cancun) and were generally happy with the operation and service, however, there were a couple of somewhat negative things.

We made reservations on their website for a package deal that included 3 days of 2 tank dives. Two day's of 2 tank dives at the Reefs around Cancun, and a 2 tank dive at Cozumel. Upon arriving at there store the owner tried to convince us that diving the Cenotes is much better than the Cozumel dive and we should consider changing our plan and Dive he Cenotes rather than Cozumel. As we have only been diving for a couple of years we thought the Cenotes would be a little too adventurous for us, although we said we would consider changing.

The first reef dive was just okay...! Our dive master didn’t do a safety briefing before the dive and once on the bottom, didn't seem all that interested in pointing out the reef life and things of interest.

The second day of diving was much better! Our Dive Master was a young local guy (Michele) who obviously took pride in his Job! He was very professional and once on the Bottom went out of his way to point out a huge variety of Fish and creatures in and around the Reef!

After the second day of Diving the Reef we plucked up the courage over a couple of Margaritas and decided to go ahead and dive the Cenotes. We figured that for the Cozumel trip Manta had to sub-contract to another Dive store on Cozumel and that it cost them more than the Cenotes dive, although that was just our theory and is not based on actual fact!
For the Cenotes dive, our German Dive Master (Life) is one of the most experienced Cave divers in the area. He did a good job briefing us on the Cenotes during the one Hour Van ride to Choc mool. The Cenotes dive was a great experience and one that we will definitely do again in the future!

In summary; we generally had a good experience with Manta Divers and considering some of the larger Dive operations in the area we would probably use them again.

Hope this helps!

"Better on the Bottom than on the Surface" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom