Mantas at Ruken-so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japan-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The fishermen have been saying that they keep seeing mantas at Ruken-so - we decided to check this out today on the new boat and they definately where not lying we had two large mantas circle the boat for over 40 minutes and got to snorkel with them for quite a while. Awesome day!!

We have been following these dives up with a few trips to Kuro-shima for sharks and gishippu for turtles. The next few weeks we will be adding Tsuken-jima and Aguni to the schedule.

We are looking forward to diving Rukan Sho with you tomorrow, June 12. Can't wait! I've got may camera all ready to go. Hubby and I regularly dive Okinawa from Maeda to Sunabe. I'm excited about some great boat diving!

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the bad weather will blow through before tomorrow.

Even though we didn't make it to Rukan-Sho we still had a blast in the Keramas. The White Tip Reef Shark "Nursery" was freaking awesome! 5 young sharks all in one area close enough to touch. Yes I touched one! When I took this photo this little guy winked at me because of the strobe. I was surprised that he didn't swim away!

Attachments

• Baby White Tip Reef shark at 2 ft.jpg
    Baby White Tip Reef shark at 2 ft.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 544
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom