Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jc928tw:
Hi kraken:
I went to Dumaguete in Feb. this year. The dives was nice, but didn't get a chance to do the "pier". Technically it is not off limits anymore but in practical sense it is, since the pier authority only allow diving when there is no ship in dock (imagine your chances)... We were there for 5 days and every single day the same ship is docking at the pier and when there is a ship there; you are not allow to dive there even if they are not engaging any activities on or for the ship (including weekends and holidays).

I was there for 7 days earlier this month. The resort did everything they could to get access to the pier for a pro uw photographer (and myself) but it was a no go.

was is APO island near Dumanguete in Feb. It was nice lots of reef fish and corals, but from what i heard from the dive guides--it used to be even better. The size of the "clown fish city" is smaller in scale than before.

Apparently a lot of the Anemones at "Clownfish City" have disappeared and hence so have many of the Anemone Fish. Nevertheless, it is hard to imagine what it was like before, because it is still an amazing site for Anemonefish. For a few photos, check out this thread on DigitalDiver.net
http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=6793

Apo reef is on the western coast of Mindoro and the area immediately around the island that houses the rangers is still pretty good. Unfortunately the whole park is over 15,000 hectares and they are doing a lousy job policing it. Stick to the main island and the smaller one beside it and you will do fine.

A live aboard ended up on the reef in Jan and has since been removed. There was no oil spill according to the wwf and other gov't entity groups that monitored the removal.

In a country where local fishermen don't exactly welcome divers with open arms I would not be surprised if the news was blown out of proportion to dissuade divers from visiting the place.

Why? Bec divers report illegal entries into the park, illegal forms of fishing (like dynamite and cyanide) that goes on. Go figure.

I went to Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort last January of 08 and I loved it. The service was very good. The food at the resort was fresh and well prepared. I felt very safe and comfortable there. I also got trained on Enriched Air (Nitrox) while I was there. They encourage their divers to try it and it was worth it. Besides, they don't charge more for nitrox, so why not do it.

The diving was really good. The vis wasn't spectacular, but the diversity and quantity of animal life was amazing. Normally, I'm into seeing "big fish" but here there is so much to see, I was blow away. (I started to get out fish books for the first time.)

Getting there isn't very hard, if you are familiar with CDO. I took a bus there, including my gear, wife, 18 month old and mother-in-law, without any problems.

My only regrets were that we 1 didn't get the deluxe room & 2 didn't have time to stay longer. Check them out:
Philippine Dive Resorts | Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort | Home Page

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom