Manta Rays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Hamburger,
A few of us are going on a trip to Cambodia from the 21st-25th of this month. We'll be leaving out of BKK. Are you, or is anybody you know interested in going along.

We're taking a couple of local people with us (BKK, Max from Adventure Scuba in Pattaya, and a couple others).

It looks like a pretty good time.

Let me know if you're interested.

FEY,

I'm not sure at this point, I work for myself and have alot of possibilties in the next few weeks.

Also 21-3 I might still be suffering after Padi's day.

Give my regards to Max I haven't seen for 6-7 weeks, I used to be a regular on the Patricia but Pattaya's just getting a bit old hat after Similans.

Who are the other two from BKK people from Pattaya?

Regards

Hey Hamburger,
I sent your regards to Max via email, although I don't know if he knows you by that name or not.

One of the guys, the one doing the logistics for this trip is John Neil. Do you know him? He's a BKK guy, but you can probably find him in Pattaya on weekends. He's a reg on the Patricia as well.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah that's right, I'm in Singapore.

I haven't been terribly active since taking up the sport 12 years ago but so far have dived Tioman, Bali, Sipadan (wayyy awesome!), Maldives and Aur. And of course local waters where you can't see your hands in front of your face. Hoping to do the Perhentians or somewhere in Thailand this year.

Sand.

Originally posted by The Hamburger
SS K,

I think you two are talking like a pair of big girls :eek:ut: .

That's coz we ARE a couple of girls! :girl::girl:

I used to be very warm in the water, but now can't do without my 2mm shorty-don't know what happened there. Still think I'd roast in a full length, 5mm though.

Sandman - let us know if you are coming to Thailand and need any help with anything.

Cheers

Hi all, going back to the topic we should discuss, can you guys tell me about all dive sites in Asia that the chance to encounter manta ray quite high? I only know 2 places in Indonesia so far, Manta Point Nusa Penida and Sangalaki.

My only experience with mantas (and there were a LOT) was in the Similans, particularly around Koh Bon... We spent an entire day there, 3 day dives, all surrounded by mantas... AWESOME.

Hi

I am going to Indonesia from Darwin in August/September . .. I'm trying to figure out the best places to go for diving. I'm quite ignorant so

Where are the Similians? They sound pretty good.

Does anybody know of an online map which points out all these places so I can see where the hell they are

Any suggestions for newbie backpacking diver in Indo are welcome.

Thanx

The Similans are off the west coast of Thailand.

Popular dive destinations in Indonesia include Bali and Lombok; Manado and the Lembeh Strait (both near the northern tip of Sulawesi); and Komodo. Might be a good idea to start a new thread about Indonesia for more information. Take a look at the Bali thread too.

Hope that helps,

Zept

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom