Manta ray night diving in Kona, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yevgeny Nyden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A short video about manta ray night diving in Kona, Hawaii. What an incredible dive it is! You get to see these amazing sea creatures so easy and so close:

If you are interested to know more about manta diving rules established by the Manta Pacific Foundation in Hawaii, here is a gist of it narrated by Keller Laros:

This was the most incredible diving experience I have had to date, and it was my third time over the years of night diving with the mantas off Kona. My wife and I were there in August of this year, 2012, with me diving and my wife snorkeling - which is amazing, as she is very uncomfortable in the water. Anyway, that night there were 31 mantas that Keller identified on the night dive, and at least 11 we identified on the afternoon dive. It was so amazing that my DM wrote on his slate that he had never seen so many mantas. Keller said that it was a once in a 20-year or so experience for him. I used a Contour Roam and love watching the video, un-edited, as it was so amazing. And my wife had an amazing time. If you are heading to Kona and have not done this dive (or snorkel) then you owe it to yourself to do this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom