Manta Dogfight Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JiveMaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Check out my latest production, Manta Ray Dogfight shot with a Sony EX-1 and Gates housing mounted on an X-Scooter Sierra. Turn up the volume for the full effect! :D
YouTube - Manta Dogfight

-Elliott

Last edited by a moderator:
that, was awesome. You must work there. Never heard of aquariums allowing your own gear. Very fun.

Yeah, we have 5 X-Scooters, and no outside gear is allowed.. Thanks!

elliot, a girl i know was one of your interns over the summer (emily wolfe) and she loved it. After taking my dive club (CUDA) there last year, I fell in love with the place. Do you have any current openings for divers? Also i was trained for my own dive business by a guy that says he did all of your repairs in the beluga tank (epoxy work).... small world!
Anyways, pm me if theres anything there!
(former work as an aquarium diver and marine science degree with 3.5+gpa!)
-brandon

Is it really the aquariums policy to chase the mantas with high powered scooters?

Actually quite the contrary, the scooter are only taken in if needed for animal procedures. And those mantas are way faster than a X-Scooter Sierra, even in 5th gear. If they want to get away from something, they will, with ease.

I know they can get away from them...the question is it right to put them in the position that they want to get away from them. Chasing them in a confined space doesn't seem like something they would be enjoying. I don't think it would be good in the open water, much less in an aquarium.
Just my first thought when I watched it.

Back
Top Bottom