Mansfield Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

durangodiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone:

Tonight I dove with Todd at Mansfield Park on Lake Travis, and here is the report. Temp: The temperature at the surface was 85, the first thermocline was about 40' down where it got as cool as 78. I was about to spontaneously combust in my full 3-2, a shorty would have been more than enough. Vis: Well...what can I say...it was bad. Between the surface and 30,' the vis was about 3-5 feet. Once you got below the 30' mark, it opened up to a whopping 10-12,' however there was almost no light down there, so you could see about as far as your light could shine. Our max depth was 70' so I can't tell you about anything beyond that. Hmm...maybe I'm getting a wee bit spoiled to that aquarena vis... Anyway, a day of bad vis diving sure beats a good day of work. Have fun and dive safe.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom