Mans wedding band at Molokini FOUND

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldnotdead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New here. I didn't know where else to post this. This year I found a mans wedding band while waiting for the group on bottom at the inside of molokini. Just sitting pretty on the sand! it has a unique inscription that should date it. I don't know how fast gold tarnishes but I think that it is very slow.
I would like to return it to it's rightful owner.Unless, of course, it was flung.
Oldnotdead

I just can't help but picturing someone on their honeymoon having a silly tiff and tossing it overboard!

:shocked2:

Perhaps he was celebrating a new divorce! I happen to have first hand knowledge where a nice gold wedding band is resting quietly on the bottom of the ocean just off the shores of Cancun mexico!

New here. I didn't know where else to post this. This year I found a mans wedding band while waiting for the group on bottom at the inside of molokini. Just sitting pretty on the sand! it has a unique inscription that should date it. I don't know how fast gold tarnishes but I think that it is very slow.
I would like to return it to it's rightful owner.Unless, of course, it was flung.
Oldnotdead

Gold doesn't tarnish. It'll get overgrown with coral and such but clean it off and it's like the day it went in the water. That's why it's as good as gold! Nice find!

Thanks,
I know that gold is sometimes used in outdoor signage because of its resistance to corrosion.
When I got it on the boat, I asked someone (with better eyes) to read the inscription.
She started off with: "One ring to rule them all!" Funny, but the inscription was totally 70's. I won't reveal it in case someone wants to claim it. Who knows how long it sat on bottom. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that I can post this to find the owner? If not, It's going to be transformed into dive gear!
oldnotdead

I would say your chances of finding the owner are slim to none. Last year I found a digital camera in the water. Not the waterproof kind. Camera was toast. However, the sd card inside was good and had about 1000 pics on it. One of these pics had the owner's car with the first 3 of the lisence plate. Still, even with the help of a Police officer friend, could not find the owner! Too bad!

My friend lost his wedding band at Molokini. I'll call him ASAP and send you a private message. Keep our fingers crossed. :)

Sent oldnotdead a private message with the inscription.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom