Maningning Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
this was obviously an experienced diver. how exactly was he lost in boracay? i heard about this long ago but im sure the real story was lost in a mire of inconsistencies as i have heard several versions. im curious pao?

an unexplained diving accident. but definitely their group pushes limits. i have joined them a few occasions and i say IMHO pushing the limits.

Spoon:
i keep telling myself it will never happen to me, im sure totit felt the same way but im really curious why he strayed from the group? guess will never know

Plan your dive and dive your plan. any deviation, ABORT the dive. that is a safe plan.

:D

SAFE diving

paolov:
Plan your dive and dive your plan. any deviation, ABORT the dive. that is a safe plan.

:D

SAFE diving

yup the golden rule!

Hank49:
The first times I went there we drove from Iloilo up the Antique coast and rented a boat out of Culasi. But you have to bring everything yourselves as far as tanks, compressor, food, tent, drinks etc etc. If you don't have tanks and a compressor you need a shop to take you as there is nothing on Maniguin but a small fishing village.
Most of the dive shops in Boracay do day trips there and sometimes overnighters. The last time I was there in 99' there were no "facilities" so you have to do it like the bears in the woods in the morning....if you get my drift. Unreal place. I always wanted to make a shop there....in the mold of Sipadan. Maybe someday........

This is another reason we are building in Culasi. We have several islands that are within boating one day turn around range. Just hang on for a bit longer and we'll have service to all the islands with a one day turn around range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom