Manifold Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crisis_12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going doubles, but am having trouble deciding which manifold to go with. Dive Rite, Thermo, Sea Elite, or The "Big H?" Which do y'all think are best? (Using DR SS with Classic wings, DR 2500 Regs, and Faber 108's)
Thanks in advance

A lot of time it will depend on the bands you are using on the tanks, since the spacing will/can be off a bit between brands. While a lot of the manifolds are adjustable it is very hard to get that adjustment perfect and could cause stress on the manifold. If you can, pair up the bands with the manifolds to get the 100% fit - other then that, a manifold is a manifold.

Sea Elite.

It is the same as Big H....

I just purchased the Sea Elite.

Some in the DIR community consider it a better choice because it only takes 1 1/2 turns to turn valves on/off which is good in an emergency (others are 2-4).

The knobs are also made of rubber (DR are plastic) which means a lot less chance of them breaking.

Finally you can't beat the price. I got mine for $155 shipped brand new on ebay compared to the $235 - $255 for DR, H.

Hope this helps :)

fasorud:
I just purchased the Sea Elite.

Some in the DIR community consider it a better choice because it only takes 1 1/2 turns to turn valves on/off which is good in an emergency (others are 2-4).

The knobs are also made of rubber (DR are plastic) which means a lot less chance of them breaking.

Finally you can't beat the price. I got mine for $155 shipped brand new on ebay compared to the $235 - $255 for DR, H.

Hope this helps :)

Where did you get your Sea Elite? I've been looking around to replace my OMS manifold with the big H. If Sea Elite is the same thing, I might as well save some money too.

I am also in the market for my extra set. We might make a deal with them. I know one of the sale's representatives jumped in our board once.

Please PM me if you are interested in.

ppo2_diver:
Where did you get your Sea Elite? I've been looking around to replace my OMS manifold with the big H. If Sea Elite is the same thing, I might as well save some money too.

Sea Elite Manifold through Diver's Supply is $169.00. You can do a buy it now on E-bay for $139 through Diver's Supply's e-bay store. They also put them on auction starting at $99. A lot of times no one ever bids on these and you can pick them up for $99. I had one other bidder but I got it for not much more....basically cuz I sniped the other guy with 5 seconds to go <EG>. Just depends on how patient you are.

Yes, I know what you are talking about. That is the exact my concern to avoid someone like you at eBay..... It is PITA and a lot of hassles so I would like to make a deal without hanging around at the eBay. Thannks....:D

darylm74:
Sea Elite Manifold through Diver's Supply is $169.00. You can do a buy it now on E-bay for $139 through Diver's Supply's e-bay store. They also put them on auction starting at $99. A lot of times no one ever bids on these and you can pick them up for $99. I had one other bidder but I got it for not much more....basically cuz I sniped the other guy with 5 seconds to go <EG>. Just depends on how patient you are.

Well, considering Diver's Supply is the store selling them on eBay I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Back
Top Bottom