Manifold for 8,5 inch faber steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chistyakov

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've got 8,5 inch (216 mm) faber steel tanks. Need to make dbl. Unfortunately, I found that there are no proper manifolds on the market - all companies sell only standard manifolds for 8 inch tanks only.
So, I have 229 mm center -to-center distance (i already made my custom bands for the tanks). Do anybody have any idea how to manage with manifold? Are there any custom sized manifolds? Am I right that it is possible to fit standard manifold only to maximum center-to-center 222 mm?

Hello the only manifold that i know of that will be suitable for your needs is the Apeks brand valve set. You will need the large isolator adapters for this valve set which have an adjustable range up to 230mm. The Apeks valves use a unique system of three different size adapters which will cover a large center to center range for use of all available size cylinders.

small adapters 150mm to 165mm
medium adapters 191mm to 206mm
large adapters 215mm to 230mm

Best regards Vic

thanks a lot! BTW, I already managed with standard staff, but your info is really valuable form the future. I managed to install Coltri Sub manifold with my custom made bands (spent 3 days curving from 2mm stainless steel :) ) and custom made threads (I cut some metall in the middle of the thread, now I have only 4 mm between the tanks and 220 mm center-to-center distance). Working perfectly, already tried up to 75 meters in Neptun Cave :).

My advise to everybody - never buy thick (216mm) tanks if gonna use them for dbls! Faber has 3 different standard diameter for the tanks.

Hello the only manifold that i know of that will be suitable for your needs is the Apeks brand valve set. You will need the large isolator adapters for this valve set which have an adjustable range up to 230mm. The Apeks valves use a unique system of three different size adapters which will cover a large center to center range for use of all available size cylinders.

small adapters 150mm to 165mm
medium adapters 191mm to 206mm
large adapters 215mm to 230mm

Best regards Vic

Hi Vic,

Have you ever seen the Apeks valves in 3/4" SCUBA thread? I have only seen them in Metric.

Hi Ron unfortunately these valves are only available in 25mm thread, I just recently inquired about this because I wanted to pick up a set.
Regards Vic

Back
Top Bottom