Manatee Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Tack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone done the Manatee dive with Underwater Works in Daphne? It looks like it might be fun and I am considering going.

Mike

They have a great price for a nearly all inclusive trip. I went on manatee snorkel trips last year, but not through UWW since I didn't need the hotel room(plenty of Best Western points from work to use up).

That looks like it would be fun. And knowing Chas it will be well worth it. One thing about him and his services his prices are hard to beat. Ask him about his 100’s it will put a grin on your face. PT keep the thread updated if you decide to give it a go.

I am signed up for the trip and will let you folks know how it is. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Mike

We went on a 6:30am snorkel trip this past weekend with American Pro Divers. We went to Homosassa Springs where there were about 50 Manatees near the headspring run. One of the guys I was with at one time had 5 Manatees all to himself. Good outfit to go with, but definately not the least expensive.

We went to a little get together and met folks who are going on this trip. All things are go for next weekend. Guess I should do a weather check. I will report back after the trip.

Mike

Looking forward to the report Mike.

I saw a few extra cases of beer at the shop Friday for the party. LOL Seemed like you guys were in for a good time.

It was a good party and it seemed like a fun group. A lot of them have been on the dive before, so I figure it must be a fun thing to do.

Mike

It was a long drive down, it rained most of the time and I still had a blast. There were a LOT of folks snorkling around but if you waited till the crowd thinned out the manatees would come out of the safe area and play. It was a fun trip with a good group of folks and I will probably go again next year. Thanks UWW folks.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom