Manado - Tasik Ria - Eco Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DontLieToMe

Contributor
Reaction score
Any feedback on this resort and dive operator. Also, what would conditions be like in October?

was there last year...Had a wonderful experience.. the dive operation was smooth and sevice was excellent. The only problem was that food in the resort was only so-so. So we had most of our meals in town. The dive boats are one of the most well equiped in manado

We stayed on Bunaken island with Froggies. The food was great. If all of you are there for the diving they keep you busy with up to three dives a day. Other activities are limited as it is in a marine park and the island is not developed. No vehicles, roads, shops, etc... on the island.

If all of you are there for the diving, go with Froggies. They took good care of us.

Nick

DontLieToMe:
Any feedback on this resort and dive operator. Also, what would conditions be like in October?
Just came back from Manado 2 weeks ago. Tasikria was nice/ comfortable but food was average. The DM at Eco-divers were great; fun-loving and absolutely professional. All the gears were well taken care of and all we had to do was to look forward to the next dive.

Can someone enlighten me on the costs involved at Manado? Do they do an all inclusive (room, food, dive) or is everytihing separate?
Also, is it easy to go from Manado to Lembeh Strait?

Froggies took care of everything. You just show up and give your gear to a divemaster and they have it ready onthe boat before everdive and break it down and rinse it afterwards. All you have to do is sleep, walk to the restaurant area and walk to the boat. We were very spoiled.

Froggies also organizes boat trips to Lembeh but I think they have limited space. You need to book in advance.

Check them out here:
http://www.divefroggies.com/

Nick

You should definitively go for both Bunaken and Lembeh Strait. Eco Divers are perfect for this since they are now running the Kungkungan Bay Resort Resort at Lembeh as well and have combined packages for Tasik Ria and Kungkungan.
The food thing at Tasik Ria Resort probably depends a bit on individual tastes. I was there recently and thought it was fine, especially the evening buffets. Also they have hired a European chef now who is supposed to start working very soon. The resorts on Bunaken are serving lots of fish which is not really my thing.
Anyway, I'm sure you will have a great time. Have fun!
www.eco-divers.com

Went diving with Eco-Divers in Manado (Bunaken) and Lembeh Strait in July and can highly recommened them. Their set-up is extremely efficient and the divemasters are top. I had no problems with the food. The only one I had with the communcation. Checking E-Mails was nearly impossible resulting in trips to town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom