Man with bloody chain saw let into United States

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse:
...snip....

At a time when the United States is tightening its borders, how could a man toting what appeared to be a bloody chain saw be allowed into the country?

Our greatest strength (freedom) is our greatest liability.....it comes with the territory and despite these types of anomolous examples, we all live better with our freedoms.

MoonWrasse:
...So, uh, just what is all this homeland security about nowdays? I'd think a man walking through a border station with a bloody chainsaw would get at least a TAD bit of scrutiny.

Some would argue that property siezure and being fingerprinted is more than a tad bit of scrutiny.

MoonWrasse:
What's even more bizzare is that he hitchhiked to the border carrying the bloody chainsaw, sword, etc.

Missy's words of advice to SB members: Don't pick up bloody hitchhikers who are carrying blood stained chainsaws.

carry on.

MissyP:
Missy's words of advice to SB members: Don't pick up bloody hitchhikers who are carrying blood stained chainsaws.

carry on.
Well that's easy for you to say, you're American. :1poke:

MoonWrasse:
What's even more bizzare is that he hitchhiked to the border carrying the bloody chainsaw, sword, etc. Don''t Canadians know it's dangerous picking up hitchhikers?

Picking up American hitchhikers...perhaps. Somehow I doubt he was walking around brandishing his homebrew sword and revving the chainsaw.

sprange:
Picking up American hitchhikers...perhaps. Somehow I doubt he was walking around brandishing his homebrew sword and revving the chainsaw.
Have you seen this guy?

What a weird picture... or should I say is that real?
NICE Jimmy!

sprange:

Hmmm the news article says:

"Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the Canada-born Despres could not be detained because he is a naturalized U.S. citizen and was not wanted on any criminal charges on the day in question."

Yes, he was a naturalized US citizen...BUT, he was born in Canada... So, technically he is Canadian :wink:

sidenote: thats one freaky looking guy!! WHO in their right mind would pick that guy & his chainsaw up?? dang....

Back
Top Bottom