Malfunction of iDive computers from Divesystem (Italy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver53

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
The italian manufacturer Divesystem has recently promoted a new range of dive computers iDive (free, pro, tech...), that presents nice features: Buhlman ZH-16 deco algorithm, rechargeable battery,.... They marketed them through DAN and PADI, offering DAN members and PADI instructors significant discounts. My wife and I are diving instructors and bought two computers iDive Pro in August 2013. At the beginning we were very happy with them, especially when we were doing private decompression dives. The calculation of deco stops was working very well, with clear information, etc.
Unfortunately in December both computers failed. One of the push button of mine stop responding, it is the one used for the computer and dive setup, therefore no possibility to dive nitrox, change time zone, etc. My wife's computer had a more serious issue with the calculation of the NDL / decompression parameters. When the NDL reached zero, it stayed blocked on this value and stop calculating decompression parameters, even during and after deco and safety stops. She went diving another day to check the dive computer again and it had the same malfunction. Both computers have been sent back to Italy to DiveSystem, for repair or replacement. With 100% malfunction, I have lost my trust in these computers, unfortunately. I have the feeling that they rushed to put them on the market without taking enough time to test them. As an example, they announce on their website since summer 2013 that an application will be available to be download and share dives in October (2013), it still not available yet and the webpage is not updated, maybe they consider now that it will be available in October 2014... Before the DiveSystem computers, I had several Suunto for years, I don't like the lack of customization, but they never failed to me.

I've got the same problem, one button stopped working so I had to send it back. This already took forever and now that I've got it back the charging does not work ...
So annoyed about this computer, especially that you almost can'T get any technical support from DAN (who is selling it) or Dive system.

Our computers went back from repair, both work OK for the time being. There is indeed some issues when charging, the first time I used it after a full charge, it indicated "battery low", I had to charge it again, now it works OK. I suspect there is some issue with the indication of battery charge.

Another person here with same problem in my iDive DAN (Pro variant) purchased 10 months ago from DAN Europe.

I think I have the lower left button broken (Same than OP). It does not work and when I press it it sinks fully without resistance. No problem with deco nor charging so far.

Just stop working after a dive at -36 meters.

Contacted with Dive System and sent link from this thread. They forwarded my e-mail to electronic lab.

My iDive pro gave up after 18 dives. Pretended to dive on my table while breakfast.
Contacted Divesystem, in their mails they had a good customer support. Let's see how this works out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom