Male hotel recommendations near airport???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've got a group on the Manthiri November 5-14 (one female-share spot still available if you're interested) and need to book a hotel overnight for everyone (6 rooms) on the way in (we arrive Friday afternoon and board Saturday morning) and then a similar place for the back end since we're off the boat at 8AM and don't fly out until 10PM that evening.

Any recommendations of places to go or places to avoid? Preferably with transport from airport to hotel provided. (The past two times I've been there, we've landed and gone straight to the boat.) Thanks!!!

- Ken

We stayed at a hotel in Male that was cheap and awful. Next time through we stayed at the Hulhule Island Hotel, near the airport. Very very nice and very very expensive. Also very very convenient to the airport.

You might check out hotel H78. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago while we were in the Maldives before boarding the Carpe Novo.

I originally read the thread title as asking for hotel recommendations for MEN, not in a location called Male. Hah!

I've stayed in an excellent place, if everyone can do without cocktails. The bedrooms are individual but joined by common living area. Interesting setup but nice for a group. Has a good restaurant coffee shop on main floor and is just across the beach road from the water.

Book Airport Beach Hotel Male City and Airport, Maldives : Agoda.com

Very clever name, isn't it? LOL

Last edited:
I've also stayed at Hulhule Island REsort and it is ridiculously expensive and not worth it to my mind by any stretch, though one can get alcoholic drinks there.

Any recommendations of places to go or places to avoid? Preferably with transport from airport to hotel provided. (The past two times I've been there, we've landed and gone straight to the boat.) Thanks!!!

- Ken

Just came back from Maldives and stayed 1 night pre and post, as you want to. I don't have a specific place to recommend, but Hulhule or Hulhumale (same thing) island is more quiet than Male island. It's got a nice beach to relax/ swim. Hotels there are relatively new, either directly on the beachfront road or within 1 street of it, all on the eastern side of island.
Problem is they build these hotels 2 rooms large on the front, and deep inside towards the back of the building. Only 2 rooms per floor get a seaview, which ALL advertize-- but majority of rooms usually get view to wall of building next door 1 meter away. Hallways are narrow, doors thin, so sound travels VERY well. Bring earplugs.
Most hotels will include free transport to/ from airport-- with a group, you should get it. BReakfast is usually included also--again with 6 rooms, push for it. Prices of non resort hotels were 50-80 US... but add on tax. Alcohol is NOT available on the island from what I have seen outisde of resorts. Would I pay 30$ more for a "better" hotel there for 1 night? No. they are all similar from what I have seen...

Back
Top Bottom