Maldives Trip Report March 2008 - Bandos Island Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divehappy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Chris,

You got some great pics there. I really like the morays with the cleaner shrimp.

Thanks for the trip report. We off to the Maldives on 22 May for a 9-night trip on the LOB MV Eagle Ray. It will be our first trip there so a first hand trip report was good to see.

thanks Rick. still grappling with the camera... maybe I need to add a second strobe.

Will look forward to your LOB report

Cheers
Chris

I plan to book a week on the liveaboard The Manthiri for one week and spend five days on some resort where I can get to by boat from the airport since a seaplane ride is too expensive. I am hoping to find an island with a resort that has both decent shore diving and boat diving with good large fish action. I would prefer a smaller resort without a lot of social interaction. Something more secluded.

My wife and I are very advanced divers; Bikini Atoll, Truk etc. We are not into the small stuff.

If someone can suggest an island resort accessible by boat from the airport please let us know.

gnil50@aol.com

I'm doing a week on the Manthiri at the end of May. However, bit concerned about the weather and having trouble persuading a sun worshipping friend to come along because its the rainy season. Anyone got any previous experience of what the end of May/rainy season really means? Are we looking at 1 hour's torrential rain once a day followed by sunshine, or is it likely to be more of a constant downpour?

Secondly, I read somewhere that there's a plankton bloom in mid April which can attract whale sharks and mantas - is this likely to spill into the end of May, or will the plankton and big beasts be long gone by then.

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this as really want friend to come but not to be disappointed if not weather she expected.

Thanks,
John

Back
Top Bottom