Maldives Sept Land Based resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAN

Registered
Reaction score
Hello
I have two weeks vacation coming at end of September considering the Maldives
Though I'd rather Liveaboard we need to be Land based(wife doesnt dive)...so
what atolls do you recommed for quickest access to the most varried dive sites.
Thank you in advance

After departing ten days on a liveaboard, a friend and his wife spent a week at the Hilton and claimed to have seen more than he did off the liveaboard...mantas included. And I'm sure your wife will be happy at the Hilton. Expensive, though.

Hi

If I remember correctly the the Hilton in the Ari Atoll, which is considered one of the better Atolls for diving. My favourite dive site "Mayafughitila" is located there. Not all resorts are expensive as the Hilton, and September is a cheap time to go becuase the winds are changing. The Atolls at the far North are also becoming popular with divers since there are few resorts there.

Hope this helps

I've been a couple of times to the Maldives. I went in August a few years back to what was then Ari Beach on the South Ari Atoll. The resort and island was nice enough and the weather good. The island has since been renamed White Sands. Research carefully and choose an island that suits you....they are all slightly different.

The main reason for going here though is that is is positioned nicely near a channel that is frequented by manta rays and whale sharks. Other islands in this area also dive this area. Also being in Ari Atoll there are other great sites which can be reached by boat.

See this simple guide here.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom