Maldives or Indonesia/Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some nice soft corals in Maldives if you know where to look. Too bad my camera is one of those point & shoot crap. But you get the idea.

M1835514.JPG

M1835517.JPG
M1835513.JPG
M1835516.JPG

It's all relative. I can do the same in Indonesia.

The liveaboard example that I posted above is a mid to upper class liveaboard ($400-470/night), doing 4 dives/day. I have taken budget liveaboards in Komodo & Raja Ampat for half the cost ($200-235/night) too and 50% higher cost ($600-700/night) in Galapagos & Cocos.
It is NOT relative to compare 11 days with 30 days!
The OP has been to several places in Indonesia and he is looking for NEW experience. So you can count Indonesia out.

Your pictures on the corals are nice but they are more or less the standard in Philippines. Because they are everywhere ie coral triangle.

Maldives is a 4 hr flight for me, Indonesia and Philippines twice that.

I've visited Maldives once (1998) and done well over 10 trips each to both Philippines and Indonesia in the past 20 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom