Maldives middle to end March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Porpoise2

Reaction score
Hi,

does anyone have suggestions for where to stay and dive in Maldives for March? Would like to have the possibility to see mantas and whale sharks.

Also, how do most dive shops operate there - i.e does one get a dive guide included in the package or does one need to pay additionally. Is a dive guide? I heard that the currents can be quite strong.

thanks

Porpoise

porpoise2

would suggest mirihi or hilton in the south ari atoll. manta point ist just a 20 min boat ride away (even closer from the hilton).

one or more dive guides are always on the boat. however if prefered, you can also dive in a buddy team. guiding is included in the price (40us plus per dive)
choosing a resort, i would always pick a resort at the outer rim. contrary to that have a look at athuruga is also very good resort. cruising times to dive spots are somewhat longer. athuruga is very famous for their "all inclusiv" which goes as far as laundry and cigarettes.

be aware that the maldives are not a low price destination

Back
Top Bottom